The Maine Mathematics Science and Engineering Talent Search Program (MMSETS) were founded in 1997 as a nonprofit organization to advance the education of children and young people in mathematics and engineering. MMSETS offers junior engineering and mathematics programs, including LEGO robotics, engineering and modular origami constructions, mathematical problem solving programs, modular origami exhibits, continuing education courses, invited presentations and workshops for teachers and/or students. Through the Mathematics Challenges and associated activities we aim to stimulate greater interest in engineering, engineering technology and mathematics.
This site allows you to get familiar with our work, download the brochures of our programs and registration forms, and keep up with the latest news from the MMSETS and associated organizations in junior engineering and mathematics.
Making engineering and problem solving part of the culture, bonding to the community with engineering initiatives, career preparation, increasing the aspirations of students are benchmarks in creating a high quality place that attracts and retains workers who create knowledge or use knowledge to create new products, processes and services.
ANNOUNCING SPRING 2015 PROGRAMS!
- NEW!! Enrichment Mathematics (grades 3-5) - Hampden - Spring 2015
- NEW!! Enrichment Mathematics (grades 6-8) - Hampden - Spring 2015
- NEW!! Junior Engineering and Mathematics - Bangor - Spring 2015
- NEW!! Enrichment Mathematics (grades 3-5) - Falmouth - Spring 2015
- NEW!! Enrichment Mathematics (grades 6-8) - Falmouth - Spring 2015
- NEW!! Enrichment Mathematics (grades 3-5) - Cape Elizabeth - Spring 2015
- NEW!! Enrichment Mathematics (grades 6-8) - Cape Elizabeth - Spring 2015
Information and Resources for 2014/2015 AMC Competitions!
The American Mathematics Competitions is the longest running and most prestigious Mathematics Competition in the United States. The mission of the MAA's American Mathematics Competitions is to increase interest in mathematics and to develop problem solving skills through a fun competition. Students benefit from the chance to challenge students with interesting mathematical questions that are aligned with curriculum standards at all levels of difficulty.
Click here for more information on the competitions and resources to help prepare for the competitions!
CEU Courses available!